[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.80pre6

24.05.2001 23:21:47, Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

>The syslog entries can't show any falling values because of the
>
>  if (fill > maxFill) {
>
>test. If you disable that test you should see the buffer level in real time.
I should seen this myself...  :)

>I'm currently doing a lot of testing, but recording (once it actually has started)
>has always worked so far.

I think I found the problem of my system: My 80Gig partition (/video) was formatted with reiserFS. I don't know
if my installation was faulty or if it is a general problem with raiserFS, but from time to time, writing to file was *very* slow
(maybe 100K/sec, I did *measure* this by cont. ls -l, so this not very acurate, but its much to slow nevertheless)
so the buffer overruns occured. I enlarged the VIDEOBUF to 16Meg which did not help much (except that vdr used a lot of memory ;c) ).

I formatted the partition with ext2 now, and recording works fine.

There is still the message:  "kernel: dmxdev: buffer overflow"
in syslog, but no more:  "ERROR (dvbapi.c,746): Unbekannter Fehler 769", also buffer usage never got to 75%.

Carsten