[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I'm already down to 16 colors. The next lower number would be 4, and that's
> to small, because we already need red, green yellow and blue for the four
> colored buttons, and then there's the background, white black etc...

16 colors is 4 bits, 4 colors is 2 bits.
Would using 4 colors mean, that VDR could use twice the
OSD screen space?

That should be enough to make the OSD full PAL resolution -
even with some reserve, right?

As the colored buttons appear always in the same places,
I would find it acceptable to display them in monochrome.

Klaus, could this be a setup parameter, so people
can choose small OSD with 16 colors vs. full screen
OSD with 4 colors?

I believe the dynamic algorithm (keep decreasing the
window size until it works) is a good idea.
It could be applied to both modes.

Carsten.