[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.80pre4

On Saturday 05 May 2001  2:46 pm, you wrote:
> - There are still occasional segfaults, especially when recording on
>   one DVB card and changing channels on another card, or in transfer
>   mode. These segfaults apparently occur in the 'poll()', 'select()' or
>   'ioctl()' functions. My current assumption is that there is either
>   some fundamental error in VDR, or the driver does something wrong
>   in the poll or ioctl functions. Or maybe its only on my system - I am
>   using SuSE 7.1 with kernel 2.4 as it comes with SuSE.

I haven't checked your code, but I've found that the poll command only works
if you open the device in non-blocking mode.

> - Sometimes video and audio are out of sync, even if a channel is viewed
>   'live'. I have no idea where this could come from, must be a driver
>   problem!?

There is an  option to turn on AV_SYNC - I think it's part of the
/dev/ost/audio device.  I haven't tried it, as I have never had sync problems.

I'll try and do some debugging, but I won't have much time this weekend.

Regards,

Dave.