[linux-dvb] VDR 0.80pre3

I have uploaded the current status of VDR with the new API to

  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.80pre3.diff.gz

This is a 'diff' between the official VDR version 0.72 and my
current source.

- VDR 0.80pre3 has some improvements in recording.

- The "problems" with things like

   703619 00 picture_header - temporal_reference:    0  picture_coding_type: 0

  that I have mentioned in VDR 0.80pre2 actually were a misinterpretation
  on my side.

- There must still be a problem with fast forward/back. When I take a recording
  that has been made with VDR 0.72/driver 0.8.2 and do fast forward/back on either
  VDR 0.72 or VDR 0.80pre3, everythng works just fine. On the other hand, if I take
  a recording done with VDR 0.80pre3 and do the same thing, it only works fine with
  VDR 0.72. On VDR 0.80pre3 it doesn't run smoothly. This is odd because the old VDR
  can do fast forward/back on such a file, while the new VDR can't. Any ideas what
  might be wrong here?

- Transfer mode doesn't work correctly yet (segfaults, don't yet know why).

- With the CVS driver dated 2001-04-28 the video packets are sometimes not
  in sync with the beginning of a new picture, so VDR can't determine the
  frame borders. This results in distortions at the beginning of a recording
  and bad functionality of the "skip +/-60s" and "fast forward/back" functions.
  Since in the past the driver always started a new video packet when a new
  picture began, I hope this will be fixed in the driver.

  So for the moment I suggest using the CVS driver dated 2001-04-18 (don't know
  exactly when between 2001-04-18 and 2001-04-28 this problem was introduced).

  Today's CVS driver (2001-05-01) still has this problem.

Well, this is another step forward. As always, any help in making this more
stable would be greatly appreciated.

Klaus