[linux-dvb] Re: AW: again: IS simultaneous recording of Video + AC3 "nearly" dropoutfree possible ?

Nils Heidorn wrote:

> Hi again :-)
>
> > On Thursday 31 May 2001 08:49, Nils Heidorn wrote:
> >
> > > Do you think that the DVB Card can handle (near) dropfree recording of
> > > Video + AC3 Sound, and do you have a plan/schedule when this will be
> > > possibel ?? I am asking this, because the alternative would be
> > to trash the
> > > whole DVB Card stuff and buy a Nokia 9800 S to stream video &
> > AC3 via SCSI
> > > to HD ...
> >
> > it is possible with the current driver's ost api. just tell your
> > favourite
> > recording tool to record also (or only) the ac3 audio PES.
> >
> > andreas.
>
> Woops, did i miss something:
> How would i tell VDR to do so ??

Just set the AC3 PID instead of the "normal" audio PID.
I haven't tried this yet, but I would guess that this should record the
AC3 data. I am planning to implement multiple audio PID support, once
VDR 0.80 runs stable with the new driver. However, I don't yet know
how to output the AC3 stream. Maybe I'll just assume that there will
be a program into which VDR can "pipe" the AC3 data while replaying,
and that program will have to do whatever is necessary to replay the
digital sound.

Klaus