[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

Am 29.05.2001, schrieb Henning Holtschneider <hh@holtschneider.com> ...

> > For the other ones, in particular the recordings menu
> > and the EPG, the current space is barely enough and I
> > would *love* to see more info per page and I would
> > gladly give up the live video background when using
> > the recordings menu or the EPG (after all, I brought
> > them up anyway because I want to watch something else).
> > If that also buys us more firmware memory and thus
> > gets rid of the dreaded A/V dropouts, would that not
> > be just wonderful?

> I agree. I think you don't need a transparent OSD in the "full screen"
> menus.

I disagree! The EPG is not only for looking what is on the other
channels, but also for getting information about the current broadcast or
for programming timers. And in such cases I prefer to be able to see
what's happening while I read the description or when selecting things to
be recorded in the future. I consider the transparent menus a great
advantage against my dbox-1 and my friends who I showed the vdr-stuff
also liked vdr's simple but straightforwarded and transparent menus much
better than all the graphical stuff other receivers have.

CU,   Marcus