[linux-dvb] Re: latest CVS version

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 [...]

 > threads for reading and writing, so I would believe that VDR is delivering
 > the data fast enough to avoid any buffer underrun.
 >
 > I will continue working on this tomorrow and over the weekend,
 > just thought I'd let you know - maybe you have an idea if this
 > could possibly be a driver problem.
 >
 > Or could this have to do with the fact that VDR installs several
 > filters for reading the EIT data, and these are also active while
 > replaying?

Of course this takes away bandwidth. Did you try it yet without the filters?

 > > Now I can start implementing things like double buffering
 > > for higher throughput in one direction or use one buffer for
 > > recording and one for playback (time shifting) ...
 >
 > Wow, that sound like a dream come true :-)

Don't hold your breath. I don't know yet if this will work at all.
The tests I did the last 2 days were rather disappointing.

 > Will this also work with the "old" Siemens DVB-S card?

I don't understand this question. What "new" card is there?
The "old" Siemens card is the only PCI DVB card with MPEG2 decoder
I am working on. So, if (and only if) it works it is of course this card.

 > Could this also help avoiding the picture distortions when using the OSD?

I don't know yet.

Ralph