[linux-dvb] is the device filesystem necessary?

When I started with the linux dvb drivers my DVB-C card from Siemens did not work properly. I resolved the malfuntions by compiling the device filesystem support into my kernel and running the devfs-daemon.
Do you all have it in your kernels? Is it still necessary?
It makes trouble with other system functions and I would like to throw it out of my system.

greeting Tim
--
                \\\///
  Tim Lapawa    (o  -)   tim@lapawa.net