[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.84 / DiseqcX

Robert Simons wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>

>>The new version 0.84 of the Video Disk Recorder project

>>- No longer sending a Diseqc command if the Diseqc value for a given channel
>>  is '0'.
>>

> Why that?
>
> With my Installation (Astra Diseqc=0,Hotbird Diseqc=1, Siemens DVBs Card).
> This doesn't work:
> 	Because it doesn't send a Diseqc==0 Signal I can't switch from
> 	Hotbird to Astra.
>
> After I changed the line in dvbapi.c back to what it had been in vdr 0.83
> everything worked fine.
>
> Gruss Robert Simons

Same problem here, but another solution...

since i never got a signal after loading only the driver (which do not
send diseq) i created a little patch to select the initial diseq value
at module-load-time.
ther is 1 additional option to dvb.o: "diseq=<diseq-nr>"

hope this helps...

harry

-- Type: text/plain
-- File: patch.diseq