[linux-dvb] Re: play_iframe in cvs driver from 27.7.

On 27 Jul 2001 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Ralph Metzler wrote:
>>
>> I also know that I put the send_ipack_rest() outside of the loop.
>> If it is inside all subsequent calls of instant_repack() are ignored
>> because there is no new PES header for the PES repacker to "lock unto".
>>
>> So, after your patch, the iframe is only sent once. This will not
>> properly display small iframes because the decoder won't start unless
>> the video buffer is filled enough.
>
> Well, all I can say is that with the current play_iframe() VDR can't display
> still pictures. But if I put the send_ipack_rest() inside the for()-loop
> it works just fine:

Yes, Klaus is right. With the send_ipack_rest() inside the loop
it is working for me too (at least partly).

But there is a strange thing: it only works if I'm in play mode
and press 7/9 to jump to a mark. If I'm in paused mode and press
7/9 it doesn't works.

Klaus: in StripAudioPackets() the audio packets are only zeroed
out without changing the Length. May be this confuses the driver?
You could reassemble the frame leaving out the audio packets.

> to tell the MPEG decoder to decode this frame right away? Displaying the
> I-frame several times causes a jittering picture if there are any fast moving
> objects on it.

I don't understand this. How can there be something moving on a
*single* frame? It just a picture.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan