[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.85 patch: different speeds for fast/slow forward/rewind

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 30 Jul 2001 "schaechner" <schaechner@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> I don't know if it's mandatory here, but a realname if nice in
> any case. SCNR.

Sorry, but yahoo uses my account name instead of real name (Mel
Schaechner), though I've told it to them. Don't know, how to take
influence on it.

> You can't turn off trickmode, you only can choose between two
> different modes. Some people (like Klaus ;-) don't like the new
> multispeed mode and so it configurable which mode is used.
>
> Or does you keep switching between modes all the time?

Just thought to use the newly introduced multispeed-"trickmode" for
editing purposes, while using singlespeed-mode for everyday-use. I use
an IR-keyboard and a programmable remote via transmitter. While the
system is quite reactive, when using the keyboard, it behaves somewhat
sluggish, when using the remote: too sluggish for multispeed-operation.
It's a quite specific problem of mine, so I'll stay with singlespeed.

--
Ciao,
Mel Schaechner