[linux-dvb] Re: DVD playback support for VDR-0.84

Hi,

I tested the dvd-patch (as2) from Andreas and here are my results, wishes,
etc.:

First i'd like to thank the developers for this great piece of software...

- DVD-Replay is working good, but some little problems exist:
(i) when stopping dvd-replay and going back to live-tv-mode sometimes no
audio is available, (switch to another channel and audio is alive)
(ii) Switching language works, but when switching too often, a+v get out of
sync, jumping forward/backward to another chapter and there are snyced again
(iii) when using fast forward/rewind sound in normal-replay is broken ...
just
a bunch of digital squeeks, jumping forward/backward to another chapter
fixes
sound
(iv) I own just some DVDs, but all DVDs with extra features like trailers,
making-
of etc, seem to use another audio-channel and when changing the language vdr
dies with
a floating point (failure or exception?)

Question to Andreas:
What does the double-side patch of the dvdread-library fix? And where is
this patch
available???

My wishes for the future:
(i) When selecting DVD playback from vdr-mainmenu, the software should start
at Title 0, Chapter 1
(which should be the main film on the disc)
(ii) When pressing OK or another Options-Button while dvd-playback an osd
(size of the channel-
switching-info) should appear with the options for this movie, e.g.
########################
# Language <English>   #
# Title    <00>        #
# Chapter  <01>        #
Navigation and selection could be made with the arrow-keys ... I anyone
knows the old D-Box,
just like the options there. (Would be great for audio-pid switching or the
future-NVOD-feature
of vdr too :) )

So this were my two Cents on this...but what I really like to have is the
integration of dvd-
playback into the vdr-code

bye, reiner