[linux-dvb] Re: new version: DVD playback support for VDR-0.85

Am 31.07.2001, schrieb Andreas Schultz <aschultz@warp10.net> ...

> A grand new version of my DVD support for VDR is ready for public
> testing. Some bugs have been fixed and some important features have been
> added. This version has some experimental Input/Output thread
> synchronization that might help improve playback quality on lower end
> machines (untested).

I have just installed the as3-version together with the libdvd-patch.
First.. I must say I'm happy that you also included Stefan's
trickmode-patch so I don't need to switch between versions :-)
I now tried a few DVDs and all in all it's working quite good except for
some sound-problems (I have no AC3-capable soundcard yet and have to use
the Audio-Out of the DVB-S).
BUT there is one big problem: as soon as I have replayed a normal
VDR-recording, the DVD-Playback doesn't work anymore. I can still show
the list of titles on the DVD, but when I select one to play, VDR
continues to play the DVB-recording which was last viewed. Changing the
DVD doesn't help, only restarting VDR will solve this.

Greetings,   Marcus