[linux-dvb] Re: AV-SCART cable

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marton, Walter" <Walter.Marton@fme.fujitsu.com>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 9:22 AM
Subject: [linux-dvb] AV-SCART cable

> Hi,
> looking for a longer SCART cable with a "Hosidenstecker"
> (MiniDin)for SVideo on the other side, I only found
> one by Conrad  - 2m long and with 2Chinch plugins for
> audio for DM 19,95. (35  03 11 - 88)
> Does anyone know a source for a longer one (3-5m),
> which has "Klinkenstecker" for audio?
> I asking this, because I will try to modify my Hauppauge 1.3
> card with a SVideo output instead of the composite one,
> (on the same place)
> as described on this forum some days ago.
>
> Thanks &  Cheers
> Walter

I have built one myself, 5 meters long. You can find all the components in
any electronics components shop. The cable must include at least two 75-ohms
coaxial cables for composite and S-video, and two shielded cables for the
sound. If you use the SPDIF signal, you'll need an additional 75-ohms cable.

Jean-Claude