[linux-dvb] ?:Why exit lines, strips on the screen of tuxview, gvideo, xawtv,...

Varga Zsager Peter writes:
 > Hi!
 >

 > When I am watching a channel witch gVideo, or playing a MPEG-2 a PES
 > or TS stream with ntuxplayer or tuxplayer and retrieve it with tuxview,
 > gVideo, xawtv I can always see more lines, stripes around the moving
 > parts on the screen of the motion picture , when a fast moving, scene
 > happens. When I switch to overlay mode the screen doesn't clog longer, but
 > the lines, stripes remain so far.
 > Otherwise the picture would be perfect.
 >
 > I din't know why exist this time the lines, stripes on the screen?
 > How can I fix this problem?
 > Is it performance proble or other thing?
 > Where and what can on this improve?
 >
 > I use a Matrox G200 card with 8 MByte RAM and the mga driver with Xserver
 > 4.0.3
 >

 > My hardware and software parameters:
 >    Matrox G200 AGP (PCI Probed), Matrox G200 built-in DAC w/clock, 8 MByte RAM
 >    i Celeron 633, 128 MByte RAM

The same problem could be seen with some boards for AMD CPUs
using VIA chipsets. That was a know problem and has been fixed afaik.
I have not heard about problems with Intel chipsets, what kind of
motherboard do you use?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de