[linux-dvb] Re: ?:Why exit lines, strips on the screen of tuxview,gvideo, xawtv, ...

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Varga Zsager Peter wrote:

> Hi!
>

> When I am watching a channel witch gVideo, or playing a MPEG-2 a PES
> or TS stream with ntuxplayer or tuxplayer and retrieve it with tuxview,
> gVideo, xawtv I can always see more lines, stripes around the moving
> parts on the screen of the motion picture , when a fast moving, scene
> happens. When I switch to overlay mode the screen doesn't clog longer, but
> the lines, stripes remain so far.
> Otherwise the picture would be perfect.

I think this has to do with interlace.
If the original transmission is interlaced, and the picture moves
horizontal, then you see the ood line at position x , and the even at
position x + 1 (as these are displayed 20 ms later).
Since the scene the camera looked at moved, you get 2 pictures, slightly
shifted in one (the eye integrates).

As far as aI know there is no 'line doubling' software to sort of eliminate
the visual effect, but if there is I would like to hear about it.
Regards
Jan