[linux-dvb] playdvd 0.5.1 / vdr0.85 dvd patch

Hi Andreas,

I have a problem with your DVD tools.
Both playdvd and vdr0.85 sometimes crash my system to the point where I
have to push Reset.
Tried it with "007 - the world is not enough", RC1 and several other DVD's
today.
Everything works very well (including AC3) for several minutes, then the
picture and the mouse pointer freeze totally.
System is Linux 2.4.5ac16, Debian Potato, DVB Driver 22/07/01 running on
Siemens DVB-c, K6-III/500 CPU, Asus P5A.
I am using AC3DEC with rather new ALSA CVS drivers for the SB Live 1024.
The DVD Drive is an older Aopen, RPC1, EIDE.
With dvdplayer 0.5 this problem does not occur.

Another thing I discovered is that neither dvdplayer 0.5 nor playdvd 0.5.1
are able to display an OSD Menu.
The commands are being understood, but no OSD appears.
It worked until I switched to the patched CVS driver Klaus put on his ftp a
week ago.

Greetings
Stephan