[linux-dvb] Re: ERROR: channel # not sync'ed!

Juergen Schmidt wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Carsten Koch wrote:
>
> > Load the driver, do not start vdr.
> > Are you seeing n-tv?
>
> Nope - nothing (just the convergence notice apperaring and disappearing)
>
> > > I'm using linux 2.4.7 and the latest released DVB drivers.
> >
> > What "latest released DVB drivers"?
> > Do you mean the latest tar.gz from convergence, the latest
> > CVS from convergence, or the tar.gz that Klaus put out on
> > his web site along with vdr 0.85?
>
> Actually: I tried all of them ;-)
> The result was the same: no TV, just video playback

As vdr is displaying the EPG, you obviously have a signal.
As you have OSD and you can play back recordings, your video
connection also works.

I am not exactly sure, but I believe that the signal takes
a slightly different route when you watch live TV. If that
is the case, your problem may be broken hardware along that
path. Try the windoze software. If that does not work either,
exchange your card.

Carsten.