[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.90

On Monday 06 August 2001 10:41 pm, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > If anything has been changed here at all I guess it must have been in the
> > driver, because I didn't change anything in VDR in that area.
>
> Strange. Since I tried 0.84 and 0.85 with the same drivers. 0.84 was fast,
> 0.85 not.
>
> Thorsten

It may just be down to environmental changes.  A few weeks ago, when the
temperature was very warm in London, I had to tune a few MHz lower than usual
to get a lock on some channels.  The weather's now cooler, and I have gone
back to my older settings.

In my experience, channels with higher symbol rates (e.g. 27500) can lock
over a range of about 5 or 6 MHz.  This range goes down as the symbol rate
goes down.  For example, I find that channels with a 5632 symbol rate will
only lock on a specific frequency.

Dave.