[linux-dvb] DVB-C and devfs

Hello,
yesterday I took my first steps within the DVB world.

I compiled the driver(siemens_dvb-0.9-20010729.tgz from Klaus).
When I made 'make insmod' the driver complained about missing device fs
support.
After adding devfs to my system the driver installed smoothly (and vdr
works).
Excellent work guys. Thank you for this great software.

Since the members of the list don't seem to agree on this point here is my
thesis:
devfs is needed with DVB-C (I've got a Siemens DVB-C), but not needed with
DVB-S Cards.
True or false ?

If true: What is the best way to integrate the devfs into the system
smoothly ?
(I use SuSE 7.2 Pro and am not able to mount my dvd-rom sinve activating the
devfs. devfsd is running).
If false: How do I get around the need for devfs ?

CR.

--
Aufgepasst - jetzt viele 1&1 New WebHosting Pakete ohne
Einrichtungsgebuehr + 1 Monat Grundgebuehrbefreiung!