[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.90

On 07 Aug 2001 Andreas Schultz <aschultz@warp10.net> wrote:

>> - After pause I don't get clear audio in dvd replay. I have to
>>   enter fast forward to restore audio function. Anybody else?
>
> AC3 or LPCM tracks? (i know that info is not (yet) displayed in vdr, try
> ifo_dump from libdvdread and look for the audio information.

With ifo_dump I get:

VTS Number of Audio attributes: 4
	stream 0 status: ac3 en drc 48kHz 2Ch Not specified 0 0
	stream 1 status: ac3 en drc 48kHz 6Ch Not specified 0 0
	stream 2 status: ac3 de drc 48kHz 6Ch Not specified 0 0
	stream 3 status: ac3 en drc 48kHz 2Ch Not specified 0 0

Hope that this is the right part of the output. It's the 'Das
Boot' DVD. Stream 0 is announced as english DolbyPrologic, stream
1 is english DD5.1, stream 2 is german DD5.1 and stream 3 is some
directors comment.

Don't know why stream 0 is declared as ac3.

I have audio problems with all the tracks. If I hit pause, I get
a first audible peek. After restarting replay audio sounds as if
much garbage is played. Video is a bit jerky, too. You can only
restore it by doing a short fast forward. I think this must be a
buffering problem.

>> And a question:
>> If a dvd has DD5.1, what is the sound output? DolbyPrologic or a
>> 2-channel-downmix? My problem is that the different audiotracks
>
> 2-channel Dobly Surround Downmix, look at ac3dec/downmix.c. I don't now
> anything about ac3, any hint and help there is welcome. Newer versions

Well, I don't know much about this, too.

Again, the dvd from above. All streams are replayed at roughly the same
volumen, only stream 2 has a much lower level. With my standalone
dvd player all tracks have the same volumen.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan