[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.90

Thorsten Heck wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I have double checked every single change in dvbapi.c between VDR 0.84 and
> > 0.85, and the only thing I could find that might have to do with this is
> > the change that sending DiSEqC codes can now be disabled.
> >
> > Can you try enabling/disabling this in the Setup menu?
>
> Yes, with disabling Diseq VDR 0.90 tunes as fast as 0.84, even with the
> unmodified LnbFreq* settings.
> Stupid me. I shoud have checked the settings more carefully. And disable
> Diseq if I don't have the equipment.
> Sorry for causing extra work.
>
> Thorsten

No problem.

When the DiSEqC option was implemented I left the default to "on" (so that
existing installations would not break), but maybe we should set the default
to off, so that only those who really have the equipment need to concern
themselves with this.

Does anybody object to setting the default to "off"?
(No need to respond if you DON'T object - let's not clog the list...)

Klaus