[linux-dvb] Re: DVD-Probs with v0.90

----- Original Message -----
From: Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 11:10 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: DVD-Probs with v0.90

> Jean-Claude REPETTO wrote:

This
> > could be a compilation option, for owners of older PC (I have a Pentium
200
> > MMX).
>
> The EIT scanner is automatically turned off during replay (but only for
the
> card that actually does the replay). See cDvbApi::SetModeReplay():
>
>      if (siProcessor)
>         siProcessor->SetStatus(false);
>
> How many cards do you have in your system?
>
> Klaus

Now, I understand better was is happening. I have a second card , a Win-TV
Nova, but as I have only one dish at present, there is no LNB connected to
the Nova. I didn't think that vdr would use it.
So the DVB driver was trying to tune channels in the noise, that's why it
took a lot of CPU charge. I have just connected the LNB cable to the Nova,
and now, when I play a DVD, I have no more problems.

BTW, I plan to install a second dish for HotBird (the first is for Astra) .
AFAIK, such a configuration is not supported by VDR, because there is only
one channels.conf file, and one setup for the LNB LO frequencies. Do you
plan to add support for it in the future ?

Jean-Claude