[linux-dvb] Re: DVD-Probs with v0.90

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 12:08:03AM +0200, Jean-Claude REPETTO wrote:

> BTW, I plan to install a second dish for HotBird (the first is for Astra) .
> AFAIK, such a configuration is not supported by VDR, because there is only
> one channels.conf file, and one setup for the LNB LO frequencies. Do you
> plan to add support for it in the future ?

Normally you should feed the signal of the 2 dishs over a special mixer
(dont know the engl. name, multiswitch?) to each of your cards. With discseq
(implemented in vdr) you switch between the signals of the two dishs. There
are also specials dishs with one special lnb to receive both astra and hotbird.

        Matthias