[linux-dvb] How to replay the TS strem file getted from Nova?

Frankta writes:
 > Hi,
 >    I have a Nova card.By using this card and test_dvr.c I have recorded the TS stream  into a file .The quetion is how to replay it?
 >    I also have a Netstream 2000 from sigmadesigns,it can replay .vdr file but cannot replay this TS stream.
 >    I tried to convert this file to pes by using ts2pes, the resulted file still cannot work.
 >    I tried to add PAT PMT at the begin of the file by hand,still cannot work.
 >    Any help will be really appreciated.

You can use ts2ps or mplex to turn the TS into a PS. AFAIK the
Netstream2000 software needs PAT and PMT for TS playback, so you could
open filters to get the original PAT and PMT and reinsert them into
the TS, or you can make your own PAT and PMT and insert them not only
at the beginning, but at regular intervals in the file. I tried the
Netstream with a full TS taken fromn the Nova, but it couldn't handle
it, I had to reboot. The whole driver and replay program package from
sigma is a crazy concept anyway. They should just write a usable driver.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de