[linux-dvb] some more Probs with lastest Version

Hi there,

I usually dont post here, because I assume that most of my problems are due
to my little Linux knowledge and not really vdr related, but right now I
canīt get it to work and could really use some advice.

Life without VDR is really hard !!!!!!

I had previous VDR versions running fine, with Lirc and everything.

Just upgraded to the latest 2.4.7 kernel (sitting on Suse 7.1 install),
latest vdr and siemens driver. Using 2 cards with the CI on the second card
(like before)

Problems:

- no "umlaute" (äöü) are there in the onscreen menu (hey, thats not really a
prob ;-)

- biggest prob that the premiere channels are not working
vdr sometimes even doesnīt switch to the desired channel, only showing the
channel menu.
Example: having sat1 and typing in ie. "56" still shows sat1 picture and
channel 56 programm text. Manually switching with up and down keys is the
same.
This SOMETIMES happens, mostly vdr switches to the desired channel but the
screen stays black. My decoder card is fine (at least it was shortly before
upgrading:-)

-sound was suddenly gone on all channels 2 times, had to reboot each time.
-vdr now quits itself more often

what modules are needed in the kernel for lirc ?
Since I "upgradede" from suse 7 to 7.1, lirc is gone (I mean it wont
compile, because somethings missing)

Another question:
Whats the best way to convert the vdr recordings to a DVD compatible mpeg2
stream ? I will have to recompress some recordings anyway because of the non
DVD standard resolutions of some broadcasts and data rate spikes.

Tried severel of the linux tools, but still havenīt found the correct ones
with synced audio.

thx for help

Tobias