[linux-dvb] Re: ?:My DVB Card

Rainer Zocholl writes:
 > werner@suse.de(Dr. Werner Fink)  07.08.01 13:28
 >
 > Once upon a time Dr. Werner Fink shaped the electrons to say...
 >
 > >On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 12:35:02PM +0200, Rolf Siebrecht wrote:
 > >>
 > >> Don't be nervous, you have exactly that type of card which we are
 > >> all talking about here. It's not that important under which market
 > >> name the card was sold. What characters etched into copper carriers
 > >> your card? My Card has "Sat-DVB Rev.: 1.3" and "TTC 99.04" on the
 > >> PCB. (And it was sold as "TechniSat SkyStar 1".)
 >
 > >For those who want to buy an old TechniSat SkyStar 1 card:
 > >it seems that Reichelt (www.reichelt.de) has some of this
 > >older cards around, see article number `SKYSTAR 1' for
 > >398 Deutsch Marks.
 > >This card has AFAIK the J2 header on which RGB/SPDIF(LPCM
 > >only)/S-Video are available (if configured within the DVB driver).
 >
 > Jepp.
 >
 > J2 is in "place" but ,
 >
 >  - Receiver (BSRU6-502A) has only one F-plug (no LNB-loop thru)
 >    (Not really a problem)
 >
 >  - the right plug for "CD-Out" is missing!
 >
 >  - The board revision seems to be "Sat-DVB Rev.: 1.5" (partly
 >    covered by label) and "TT2000.8".
 >
 >  - The sound chip is not a TMS320AD80C.
 >    It is a "CS4341-KS EP" in 16 Pin DIL ( SOJ SMD)
 >    CS4341: 24-Bit, 96 kHz Stereo DAC with Volume Control
 >    http://www.cirrus.com/design/products/overview/index.cfm?ProductID=36
 >    http://www.cirrus.com/pubs/4341.pdf?DocumentID=45
 >

 > The video is OK, but currently i can't get a sound from
 >
 > my fault?

Luckily I got my hands on a Revision 1.6 card a few weeks back which
also uses this DAC. I never thought they would really sell it (or even
a revision 1.5) since revision 2.1 has been out for quite some time.
Use the "adac" parameter to select the audio DAC:

insmod dvb.o adac=1 ...

TI: adac=0
CS: adac=1

 > >BTW: Does anybody know what the other J8 header besides the CI
 > >interface is good for?
 >

 > The soldered holes partly hidden under the bar code label are
 > very likely to be the JTAG-Connectors for the TMX320AV7111's
 > emulator probe... ;-)
 >
 > Funny:
 > The TMS320AV71xx is obsoleted by TI since 1999!
 > Can someone explain this?
 > (That's why only prelimary "TMX" can be found.)

Nope, no idea.
Of course the AV71xx is already quite old but they seem to be selling
quite a lot in all those STBs (Nokia 9800 and Galaxy boxes)
and the PCI cards.

Ralph