[linux-dvb] Sounddistortion (was: Re: Re: ?:My DVB Card

(Ralph Metzler)  10.08.01 in linux-dvb@zocki.toppoint.de:

>>  - The sound chip
>>    is a "CS4341-KS EP" in 16 Pin DIL ( SOJ SMD)
>>    CS4341: 24-Bit, 96 kHz Stereo DAC with Volume Control

>insmod dvb.o adac=1 ...

>TI: adac=0
>CS: adac=1

Jepp, works!

But i have 1.2 Problem:

1.
Watching "tagesthemen" (for example that is no effect on MTV
or so and such a voice signal is not so complex)
peaks in sound wraps arround instead of beeing clipped.
Instead of plus 1,4V in the peak (clipped) minus 1,4V comes out
of the DAC when the sound is becoming loud. Can easily been seen
on Oszi. Something doing arithmentics with "allow integer
warp arround" not turned off? ;-)

Did not (yet) try with the TMS320AD80C, but remember
distored sound in peaks too (by only by ear, not by osci as above).

0.2
On Dual-Sound ("Zweikanalton"):
How do i select the sound channel/language i want to hear?
(I assume plugging out the cinch is not the intended/final solution? ;-))

(PS:
It is not required to drop me a copy. i'm subscribed to the list)