[linux-dvb] Re: Installation perfect, dvb0 nowhere!

Am 11.08.2001, schrieb Emil Ungurean <root@bbcomputer.ro> ...

> I've seen a lot of questions about not finding the dvb0 device to bring
it
> up.

> None of this questions was answered. I wonder why!

They have been answered long ago... and multiple times I guess.

> Isn't that list for help each other?
Yes. But there is also an archive where everybody can read the old
mails.. the list is NOT for asking the same  questions every few days.

> Then i try to bring up the dvb0 device, like it was with older versions
of
> the Siemens drivers: ifconfig dvb0 192.168.4.1 up.

> Then I get in syslog this: Aug 11 11:34:33 server modprobe: modprobe:
> Can't locate module dvb0

If you search long enough you will find some statements about this. The
networking stuff has not yet been implemented in the 0.9-drivers, so
there is no dvb0 at all.

Greetings,  Marcus