[linux-dvb] Re: The fameous ver.0.8.2 does not compile either!

Emil Ungurean writes:
 > Sorry but actually I don't know how to open the device.
 >
 > Emil.
 > > #include <ost/net.h>
 > > struct dvb_net_if dvbnetif;

     int fd_net    = open("/dev/ost/net",  O_RDWR);
 > > dvbnetif.pid=0x200;

I don't know what PID you need so I wrote 0x200.

 > > ioctl(fd_net, NET_ADD_IF, &dvbnetif);

You can use (n)tuxzap or any other tuning program to tune to the
correct channel (better tune before you activate the network
interface).
After that use ifconfig to set MAC address and IP address etc.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de