[linux-dvb] I really don't know it anymore

Hello,
For 3 weeks now i've been trying to get my technotrend card to work under linux.
I've tried the 0.8x driver and got errors compiling.
Now i've got te 0.9 version and the compiling is going perfect.
When i do a tail -f /var/log/messages while doing the make insmod, my kernel say's found 1 dvb's.
At that point it's al going perfect.
Now when i do a ifconfig there is no dvb0.
I read in the archive's that maybe with the 0.9 version you don't get a dvb0 anymore.
But how is it all gonna work then?
Can somebodey please help me because i just don't know it anymore...
System specs are:
pII 400
Redhat 7.1 with kernell 2.4.8
128mb ram.