[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.90 patches: trickmode,jump,...

On 13 Aug 2001 Usenet-372110@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer Zocholl) wrote:

>>I have adapted my patches to the new version. This are:
>
>>- Jump to aka timesearch
>>- Jammed timer patch
>>- Multispeed trickmodes
>
> Multispeed works ok.
> What do you mean with "trick modes"?

Trickmodes mean fast/slow forward/rewind.

> How do i use "jump to"?

Have a look at the new 0.91 which has the jump feature included.
There is a description in the manual.

> Is it possible to run at "fractional speeds"
> (0.9 times or 1.10 or 1.25 times for example )

Well, as we show in most trickmodes only i-frames and the GOP
size in DVB is not constant the speed value is not exact. I think
it would make no sense to have such a fine speed tunning.

> Is it possible to have sound during fast forward (and reverse)
> (Implemeted as over/undersampled sound (that means: faster
> ("more beats per second") but no change in tone/frequency.

Currently not and I don't think this makes a real sense.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan