[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.90 patches: trickmode,jump,...

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 07:35:00PM +0200, Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> huels@iname.com(Stefan Huelswitt)  12.08.01 23:45
>
> I think of speeds in the range between 1.1 to 1.9 resp. 0.6 to 0.9.
> Not such a beast like 3.14515 or 0.234 ;-)
>
> "Slightly slower" or "slightly faster".
>

> If you are watching TV to become informed about something
> it may save a lot time if that informational film tooks
> only 30min and not 45min (because one exected more infos but
> the info was crap)
> And: One can hear faster than (most) others can speak ;-)
> (It's really no joke)

Hi Mr. Data :-) this task would not be easy, because the audio stream have
to be decoded (MPEG->Wave), maybe transformed (to get the same pitch at
slower/higher speed) and to be encoded to MPEG again - and all in sync with
video.
 Maybe the MPEG decoder can play sound at slower speeds - this would be easy
compared to the task above.

        Matthias