[linux-dvb] Re: vdr 0.90 patches: trickmode,jump,...

On 13 Aug 2001 Usenet-372110@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer Zocholl) wrote:

>>> Is it possible to have sound during fast forward (and reverse)
>>> (Implemeted as over/undersampled sound (that means: faster
>>> ("more beats per second") but no change in tone/frequency.
>
>>Currently not and I don't think this makes a real sense.
>
> Once upon a while ;-) I brought a JVC HR-DD858EH video recorder
> only because of this feature:
> Fastforward, pause, rewind: -> with sound!
> Really please believe me: it's great!

I think this is not possible with the DVB card. In trickmodes we
mostly play only the iframes, so the frames (neither video nor
audio) between them aren't decoded. You don't get enough audio to
play. And even if we feed all the audio to the card, decoding is
done IMO in hardware and we can't change speed.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan