[linux-dvb] WinTV DVB-s help needed

I recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s card for my computer wanting
to watch Free-to-Air digital C-Band and Ku-Band satellite TV channels on my
computer in Thailand. So far I have been able to acquire and decode only
three transponders on two of the many satellites I have tried e.g.
MMBN at SD. 26667. Freq. 4000 (4005) H on Palapa C2 at 113.0 deg. East
Thai UBC at SD. 25776 on Thaicom 3 at 78.5 deg. East at
Freq. 12438 H, and at Freq. 12479 H
All the transponders I have tried, and there have to be close to a hundred
on over ten satellites, are marked MPEG-2 on the Lyngemark satellite
charts. On a very few, for example
SD. 28125, Freq. 4000 H on Asiasat 2 at 100.5 deg. East (European Bouquet)
I get a signal of up to 10 db strength, but never to the stage of signal
decoding and acquisition of the program list and on most no signal at all.
I am using a 2.4 m mesh dish, and have it carefully oriented. and the LNB
placed for maximum signal. I get perfect reception on my analog receiver.
Has anybody had similar problems? Is anybody out there in this hemisphere
who is using this card on the C-band and is getting good results? If so,
what transponders are you receiving on which satellites, and at where are
you located?
I am not sure what my problem is. It could be either my configuration of
LNB and dish or the fact that (as I have been told) the card is unable to
make a distinction between "spectral inversion" ON or OFF. Anybody have any
ideas?
Apparently there is some software around, which installed with this card,
will enable one to switch between spectral inversion ON and OFF. Can
anybody supply me with this software or guide me to where I can obtain it?
Currently I am running Windowes98, but can run another operating system for
this purpose on another drive, say Linux.
Unfortunately there has been no help on this matter from Technical Suipport
at Hauppauge Germany, Hauppauge UK nor Hauppauge Singapore, in fact no
reply at all from the latter two,
Guenter Bellach
Phuket, Thailand
bellachg@cscoms.com