[linux-dvb] Re: Multispeed patch for vdr 0.91

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Andreas Schultz wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Klaus: Do you take votes on this one :-)? If YES, than i vote for
>>including it in vdr, me thinks it will make proper DVD forward/rewind
>>much easier.
>>
>>Andreas
>>

> It's all a matter of time... and that's a very limited resource ...

;-), we all (and me the most) do understand this and are very gratefull
for your fantastic work and the effort you put into this.

> What exactly is it that makes you believe this will make DVD forward/rewind
> easier? As far as I understand it this just gives you three different speeds
> in both directions (something I personally won't use).

currently, i just assume that every VOBU contains excatly on I-Frames.
So for fast forward, i just output every 4th VOBU. This is not the right
way to do it.
The NAV packet that precedes every VOBU contains a table for 1st, 2nd,
3rd .. 15th, 20th .. VOBU forward and backward containing video. The
rigth way is now do use this field. You can easiely imaging, that this
integrates better/gives you more possiblities with a variable speed
forward/rewind than with the current model.

Besides that, i belive that Stefans way of describing Play/ Forward/
Rewind/ Stop operation mode is a cleaner way to handle the trickmodes.

Andreas