[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV DVB-s help needed

Guenter Bellach writes:
 > I recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s card for my computer wanting
 > to watch Free-to-Air digital C-Band and Ku-Band satellite TV channels on my
 > computer in Thailand.

Which revision is it? A 1.x or a 2.1?

 > charts. On a very few, for example
 > SD. 28125, Freq. 4000 H on Asiasat 2 at 100.5 deg. East (European Bouquet)
 > I get a signal of up to 10 db strength, but never to the stage of signal
 > decoding and acquisition of the program list and on most no signal at all.
 > I am using a 2.4 m mesh dish, and have it carefully oriented. and the LNB
 > placed for maximum signal. I get perfect reception on my analog receiver.
 > Has anybody had similar problems?

Yes it seams that I have similar problems here in Germany just trying
to connect Astra. I just tried my second 2.1 card and still can't tune
to some transponders and others have really low power.

 > Currently I am running Windowes98, but can run another operating system for
 > this purpose on another drive, say Linux.

I get more Transponders with Windows98 than with Linux, but still no
ARD and RTL is very low: ~5dB.

 > Unfortunately there has been no help on this matter from Technical Suipport
 > at Hauppauge Germany, Hauppauge UK nor Hauppauge Singapore, in fact no
 > reply at all from the latter two,

I wrote a mail to techsupport@hauppauge.de and got no answer until
now.

Christoph