[linux-dvb] Re: HDD-Limitations

> Hi all,
>
> are there any known hdd limitation if I want to record with 4 dvb-cards
> simultaneously? 5400 or 7200 rpm??
>
> Thnx

I think modern hd's are fast enough to write ~2-3 MB/s (in DMA Mode)

Last week, I did timeshift with one program and copied an other
recording to my windows PC over 100 Mbit network (throughput ~ 3-4 MB/s)
I'didn't notice any dropouts in the recording.

xosview showed a disk load from about 5 MB/s and a system load from nearly
100%

I have a WDC 30 Gb 5400 UPM with DMA-33 enabled and reiserfs

HTH

Roland