[linux-dvb] Re: Error behaviour: not sync'ed

Joachim Franek wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if I start a recording and the second card has no connected
> satelite cable:
> ERROR: channel 14 not sync'ed
> is reported.
>
> This is a correct error message.
>
> Suggestion:
> - Add to the error message the number of the card.

Incidently I have just done that here yesterday ;-)
Will be in the next version.

> - Do not terminate vdr, kill the timer.

Very bad idea! I sometimes have that problem too, and
by reloading the driver and restarting VDR the recording
gets done.

> - Maybe to try recording with a different card.

Why is that card not connected to a sat cable, anyway?
Maybe you should run VDR with the '-D' option to tell
it which cards to use.

Klaus