[linux-dvb] invisible records (was: Re: Re: Card revision 2.1

rolf.siebrecht@t-online.de(Rolf Siebrecht)  14.08.01 12:30

Once upon a time Rolf Siebrecht shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi!

>On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Joachim Franek wrote:
>> BTW: this card has no loop through (very bad for me).

>What kind of devices did you plug to the loop thru connector? It
>should be obvious that you can't join two working LNB power supplies
>to the same line simultaneously.

What problem do you see?

>So you are only able to connect a
>passive device which doesn't feed any DC voltage - or there is a DC
>blocking between LNB-in and LNB-thru of the DVB card (I don't know).

See the data sheet of LNBP16SP
http://us.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/6161.pdf (or 20SP)
Normally all LNB supplies are protected.
The device with the higher voltage supplies.
On the other device a diode or backward current detection
is protecting the electronic.

>At any case the 2nd/slave device can receive broadcast stations only
>from that polarity plane which is already selected by the master, i.e.
>the DVB card, via 13/18 volts switching. Does this make sense?

Yes it does. As long as you want to record only all channels on V or
all at H it's ok.  Where is the problem? :-)

Of cause it would be better if both/all receivers are in independ
but...if one have only one wire...

Currently i have to run it this way (it's not my dish).
One problem occurs:
If the second card is not connected to koax, VDR(?)
resets the Cards..

On a Card reset teh volatge is set to 13V.

Due to unknown reasons the second card is set to 18V.
(No timer is active)

To turn it back to 13V i started a record on
a V channel and stopped it it immediately
and tuned to a 18V...

Now VDR is still trying to record that channel (if have no
way stop it because it is not shown in the menu (because
the record can't start it is not shown as recoridng i assume)

So now "input thread started" but i have no menue entry
"stop recording"!
Ooops...how can i stop that?
How can i know that i recording in progress if
a have no "tail -f /var/log/messges &"?

And if i plug out the coax or tune the primary board to a 18V
transmission VDR /runVDR resets the boards (both).
(Because of watchdog)

VDR 0.91
1 WinTV 2.1 + 1 Nova on one coax.