[linux-dvb] Re: Backannotating timers?

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Just found VDR recording a completely wrong program...#5 instead of #1
>
> After a while i found that this is caused by the timer format:
> The timer contains only the number in teh channel list :-(
>
> Meanwhile i had resorted the channel list...so 5 becomes
> an other program.
> The timers were not back annotated. (OK: how should it be done?)

Yes, this is a problem unless you rearrange the channels.conf
with VDR's OSD.

Currently, VDR simply puts the line numer of the channels.conf
file into the timer entry.

I have discussed this problem a long time ago with Klaus.
I believe the summary was, that it would be much smarter
to use the PNR instead of the line number of the channels.conf
file. However, back then, not every channels.conf entry had a
PNR, so the solution got postponed and then forgotten.  :-)

I believe it's still a good idea and maybe now is a good
time to implement it.

However, there are many good ideas and there is only one Klaus.
Does anybody else volunteer to implement this (provided that
everyone, especially Klaus, thinks it's still a good idea)?

Carsten.