[linux-dvb] Re: Backannotating timers?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > to use the PNR instead of the line number of the channels.conf
> > file.
> Frankly, I like it the way it is right now.
>
> If you put all the information from the channel list into the timer,
> then what if you modify a channel?

Like the line number of the channels.conf file, the PNR is just one number.
Unlike the line number, the PNR uniquely identifies the channel.

For SVDRP commands, I believe it would be much better to use PNRs
as parameters that specify a channel instead of line numbers.
For timers it would also be much better. Not only can we
re-arrange the channels.conf outside VDR without invalidating
the timers, we could even share timer entries via mail or
create timer entries with external programs (with or without
SVDRP in between).

So, I guess I do not really understand why you do not like the
idea, but if you really don't, I guess this modification has no
chance to make it into the official VDR distribution.

Carsten.