[linux-dvb] some points on vdr

high!

I am building a vdr box (MSI-6215 + Hauppauge DVB-s 2.1 + 40G HDD +
Pioneer DVD-106S + Hauppauge Remote over the IR receiver on the MSI board
through LIRC + LCDproc with a 20x4 LCD)

Many thanks to all encouraged in the project, especially to Klaus.
Good work!

While trying everything out I noticed following things:

1. if the selected channel is, say 1. RTL and I go to the Channels menu
   and switch 1. RTL with 2. Pro 7, after leaving the menu the OSD is
   indicating the right channel (1. Pro 7) but the LCD is still showing
   1. RTL.
   this behaviour I noticed with vdr 0.90+LCD but forgot to check if it is
   still in 0.91+LCD

2. with both 0.90 and 0.91 I get a segfault on entering the "Programm"
   menue (is it called "Sheduling" in the English OSD version?)

I still have no LNB connected to my dvb-s card, so maybe this is the
reason for at least the 2nd point. (missing epg file or something
similar?) but it should be possible to check for it first.

3. if replaying a DVD and then select Menu - Eject, it seems to me that
   the replaying isnt stopped before ejecting the disc.
   Maybe it is the last bunch of frames which was sent before stopping the
   stream, which is displayed while the disc is alredy ejected (?)

4. If I execute a command from the commands menu which has no output at
   all, I cannot see if the command is executed or if I mispressed the
   remote button. I sure can make a script which executes this command and
   echo "Command execution finished without output" after that.
   but it would be nice if vdr would do it byself (maybe in the selected
   OSD language)

5. if I start replaying the "Schakal" DVD, vdr segfaults. the cause is
   that this DVD stores the css key in some unusual sectors (such that libcss
   cannot descramble the stream right). I wonder if it is the libcss or
   the libdvdread that crashes or is that the vdr which tries to replay
   the stream delivered by libdvdread and crashes because of the wrong
   data in the stream. if it is either libcss or libdvdread is it possible
   for vdr to stay alive and just stop the replaying ?

6. After pausing a DVD replay the sound becomes a clicking noise. after
   pressing fast forward oder revind the sound becomes normal again.
   AFAIR this was reported some days ago but only in conjunction with
   ac3dec. I am not using any special options for sound processing.

Thanks in advance for any reply

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de