[linux-dvb] embedded DVB box?!

Hi,
i just got my new 64MB compact flash card shipped. Anotherone is plugged
into my fli4l router to work like a harddrive (less powerusage, less
noise) - nice solution!
Now i would like to build a very small and compact VDR box that fits on this
flashcard so i only have to powerup my 40GB hdd if i record.
Does anyone know how to do that? (;)
I visited the webpages of ELinOS and Lineo. Will one of these systems work
with DVB/VDR?
I also tried midori - but they still work with kernel 2.4.3 - will that be
ok?
My other suggestion is to install a VERY small suse 7.2 on my hdd and only
copy the needed things on the flashcard - will that work? (what do i have to
copy to the card?)

any hints?

Does anyone know another simple to configure and small 2.4 based
distribution?

Does anyone own ELinOS 2 or Embedix?

thx

engel