[linux-dvb] Re: WG: Re: Question

Juergen Sauer wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2001 20:36 schrieb Henning Holtschneider:
> > > But if I want to recognize them in the OSD I have to rename them,
> > > right?
> >
> > Yes, and if you don't use the EPG to set the timer, the content
> > information will also be lost (I don't know if Pro7 broadcasts any
> > content information with its program schedule, though).
>
> Pro7 broadcasts (IMHO) one of the best EPG in german.
> Summaries, etc. are really ok, received over Astra satteleite, using
> Hauppauge DVBs, and VDR. (0.91).
>
> But did anybody mention the Time-Error on EPG of Pro 7 ?
>
> i.e. If the nowadays not too reliable driver (channel not sync'ed)
> smashed an recording (Buffy for example) and I   want to programm the
> repeated broadcast over night (i.e. 2:00 in the night) the vdr-epg fails
> to show up the sheduled porgramms between 00:00  and 06:00 in the mormnig.
>
> But the epg data is certainly there. Trying this 24 hours bevore, the epg
> Data is presented one day too early.
> What's wrong here ?

I guess Pro-7 thinks it's ok to transmit the EPG data in the same way as
it is printed in a tv magazine. There you can see all programmes from, say,
monday 06:00 until tuesday 05:59 on the same page, which is titled "Monday".
That's ok for a tv magazine, where the reader wants to see the entire "day"
on one page (which reaches deep into the night, past midnight).
But in an electronic EPG that's complete and utter nonsense, because a timestamp
has to be correct, and anything past midnight is on the NEXT day.

Interestingly this problem started in January this year. Before that the
data was correct.

On thursday I called the "Pro-7 Zuschauerredaktion" and complained about this.
They promised to "fix that bug". and also gave me an email address where
I could reach the people actually responsible for the EPG data.
I suggest anybody who finds the Pro-7 way of doing the EPG data annoying calls the
"Pro-7 Zuschauerredaktion" and complains about it, and/or sends an email.

Here's the phone number (in Germany): 0180/5077750
And the email address is:             info@n24.de

Maybe if enough people complain they'll finally fix this.

Klaus