[linux-dvb] Re: some points on vdr

Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de(Sergei Haller)  17.08.01 12:43

Once upon a time Sergei Haller shaped the electrons to say...

>high!

>I am building a vdr box (MSI-6215 + Hauppauge DVB-s 2.1 + 40G HDD +
>Pioneer DVD-106S + Hauppauge Remote over the IR receiver on the MSI
>board through LIRC + LCDproc with a 20x4 LCD)

Would you please be so kind an document the way you managed
LIRC to use the Ir receiver?
BIOS setting and which LIRC parameters?

The MS-6215 would be real nice box.
It is very "complete".
But:
The CPU fan is much too loud (reduced power to 9V using a
3V Zener-Diode and now it is OK, CPU is at 36C, ambient 32C )
But the power supply fan is still too loud.