[linux-dvb] Status of DVB-T and a question

Dave Chapman writes:
 > To summarise what I have found out so far - Hauppauge UK is releasing a
 > "Nova" DVB-T card for reception of free-to-air channels in September.  Price
 > is about 140 UK pounds including VAT (from www.dabs.com who are taking
 > pre-orders now).  Hauppauge are also planning on releasing a version for the
 > encrypted channels in December - I don't know if this is a Nova card or if it
 > includes the MPEG decoder/TV out.
 >
 > I think I'm right in saying that the UK DVB-T system is different to the rest
 > of Europe.  Have any DVB-T cards actually been released yet?  How many
 > different systems are there?

I don't think they are being sold yet.

 > I also have a question for Ralph - you stated that you are working on a DVB-T
 > driver.  Do you know if this will work with the UK DVB-T card, or is it just
 > for other systems?

Sorry, I have no idea.
I still have to find out if and on what channels they are transmitting
in DVB-T here in Germany so that I can test it.

Furthermore, there seems to be a DVB-S cards with another demodulator
and board layout showing up every other week now. So, who can say if
the final retail product will even have the same frontend hardware ...

Ralph