[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: VDR and DVD with pause -> noise corrupt

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > If the audio frames don't contain a PTS, it's no wonder they get out of sync
 > (even in normal replay video and audio gets out of sync after some time).

They should not any longer after my last firmware syncing patch
about 10 days ago. This patch no longer was a workaround for the
"jerking picture bug", which would just sync audio/video at the start
of playback, but a complete fix. Syncing is always on now.

 > Is there a way to have ac3dec generate the necessary PTS for the audio frames?
 > The original Dolby Digital frames that ac3dec uses to generate the "normal"
 > audio frames must, I believe, contain a PTS, don't they?

Of course they contain the correct PTS but reinserting it would not
help because the decoder hardware does not support syncing for PCM sound.

Ralph