[linux-dvb] Re: quiet PC

I'm running a 300 Watt power supply with my VDR box without a fan for
almost a year now. I'm not a physician, I just thought if I have a 300
Watts power supply and my machine has low CPU, little memory, no CD-ROM,
no floppy, Harddisk most of the day of, why would I have to cool it.

So I removed the fan and monitored the heat for weeks and it's not getting
warmer thand "handwarm". I have to say though, I run the power supply
outside the box and the area with passive cooling (like slots to let air
through) is really good with this particular supply.

Joachim.Franek@t-online.de (Joachim Franek)
Sent by: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
19.08.2001 21:55
Please respond to Joachim.Franek