[linux-dvb] Re: quiet PC

From: "Robert Schneider" wrote:
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 9:11 AM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: quiet PC

> I'm running a 300 Watt power supply with my VDR box without a fan for
> almost a year now. I'm not a physician, I just thought if I have a 300
> Watts power supply and my machine has low CPU, little memory, no CD-ROM,
> no floppy, Harddisk most of the day of, why would I have to cool it.

Accidently I have detected this is working. My son is upgrading
his box from a asus p5a with k6-300 to a 1.2ghz.
After installing the mobo and processor in the old case
the power supply gets hot (200W standard type).
Reason: Some parts of silicon rubber glue has
fallen down from electronics to the fan and blocked the rotation.
The power supply was wrong mounted:
electronics was above the fan.

Joachim